David Holaday, Wealth and Business Strategist
David Holaday has over 30 years of experience as a financial consultant. He is the founder and Managing Member of Wealth Design Consultants, LLC, which offers case design, analysis, and presentation services to organizations and individuals that serve high net worth clients. Clients of the firm include lawyers, financial advisors, family offices and charities. He has a national reputation for developing unique and comprehensive solutions for complex family situations and often collaborates with the client’s existing tax, legal, insurance, and investment advisors. Previously he co-founded and later sold The Wealth Design Center (a technology, training, and consulting firm) to a publicly traded company. Dave also served as Director of Intellectual Property at Renaissance Inc., an Indianapolis-based provider of charitable consulting and trust administration services.
Areas of Expertise
- Individual wealth transfer strategies
- Income tax planning
- Insurance and estate tax planning
- Business succession planning
- Wealth preservation and diversification
- Cash flow planning and integrated financial forecasts
- Planned gift design and marketing
- Family foundations
- Provides consulting on wealth transfer, estate tax, income tax and philanthropic strategies to professional advisors (and their clients) across the nation.
- Provided back-office comprehensive estate design and client presentation services for over 500 family situations involving over $5 billion in assets.
- Created technology solutions to aggregate and integrate client financial, estate, tax, and cash flow information and licensed the technology to top planning firms across the nation.
- Created business processes and support systems for wealth advisors and offered these through seminars across the nation.
- Provides charitable and estate planning consulting services on behalf of charitable organizations to major donors.
Education and Professional Involvement
- Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP), American College, 2011
- Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC), American College, 1994
- B.S. Chemical Engineering, University of Virginia, 1976
- Planned Giving Group of Indiana (Past President)
- International Association for Advisors in Philanthropy, 2013-2016 Board member
- Member Estate Planning Council of Indianapolis
- Member Committee for Multi-disciplinary Teaming; National Association of Estate Planners and Councils